Monday 12 March 2012

Destroy Rankin: My Interpretations

After looking at some of Rankin's work for his 'Destroy' Project, I decided to try destroying my own self portraits. I took self-portraits on iPhoto of me feeling different emotions. I did happy, bored, surprised and in thought. For the first one, happy, I just cut it up into different shapes then put it back together but with gaps. I found this a good starting point but quite dull and boring.

After looking at Rankin's images again I realised the celebrities he photographed changed themselves very drastically. I started to paint my 'bored' photo in quite an abstract way. I was planning on painting the whole image but after just doing the hand, I thought the minimalistic tone could be more effective. 
I painted the background just to make it look more changed than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment