Thursday 19 April 2012

Final Piece Mock-Ups

I am soon going to shoot a 'mock-up' of what I intend to do for my final piece. I am going to photograph my mum, dad and brother and the things they carry around in their pockets or bags, in the style of Travis. To begin with, I am going to do this on my SLR - which means the images would be black and white, which is kind of defeating the object of Travis' works: bright and each picture has a different colour scheme but I will develop my roll of film and see how the images turn out. The black and white could work quite well - but I anticipate I will have to photograph them using either my digital camera or a coloured film.

I am also thinking about doing a mock-up of Viriginia Echeverria Whipple's works in my own style, as I haven't completely decided between those artists which I am going to try and recreate. For these images, I would use my friends because almost all of Whipple's images are female and they all seem rather young and slim. There is a definite effect on the image, it has been made to look old and vintage looking. I will probably follow what she has done, by using beads and sequins etc because I think it looks really effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment